Your browser is unsupported

We recommend using the latest version of IE11, Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Resources for Current Students

Scholarships & Awards Heading link

Studying and Traveling Abroad Heading link

Fulbright Programs Heading link

For UIC Undergraduate Students

The Fulbright U.S. Student Program provides full funding for U.S. citizens for one academic year abroad for research/study in one of over 140 countries worldwide or teaching English as a foreign language in one of over 70 countries worldwide.

The Fulbright U.K. Summer Institute is a 3-to-6-week summer program at a world-class UK university or cultural institution; immersive academic, cultural and social experience for freshman or sophomore American students who wish to deepen their knowledge of the United Kingdom and its diverse population whilst developing their communication, research and presentation skills.

Campus contact: Kim Germain, Director of the Office of External

For UIC Graduate Students and Alumni

Over 2,000 Fulbright fellowships are awarded for year-long teaching, research, and study opportunities abroad for U.S. citizen students in various disciplines. Approximately 130 countries are viable sites for placement. Language proficiency depends on the country. There are two main groupings:  English Language Teaching Assistantships (ETAs) and Study/Research Awards.

Campus contacts: Graduate students and alumni (who are not enrolled elsewhere) from UIC’s graduate programs should contact Benn Williams ( and Lindsay Marshall ( in the Graduate College. 

Fulbright Canada Opportunities

American and Canadian students may also want to explore opportunities through Fulbright Canada. The program provides support to students, scholars, teachers, and independent researchers through a variety of programs which are open to individuals in all academic fields with the exception of medical training. The mandate of Fulbright Canada is to enhance mutual understanding between the people of Canada and the people of the United States of America by providing support to outstanding individuals. These individuals conduct research, lecture, or enroll in formal academic programs in the other country.

Ask a Question