OGE Outstanding Faculty & Staff Award
The OGE Outstanding Faculty and Staff Award recognizes exemplary performance among OGE faculty and staff demonstrating a commitment to OGE’s mission of increasing, supporting and maintaining UIC’s comprehensive internationalization and global engagement.
Number and amount of awards Heading link
- Maximum of three ($1,500) awards per year.
- Awardees will receive a certificate, recognition at the OGE spring staff meeting and be featured in the OGE newsletter.
Eligibility Heading link
- Any current staff or faculty member of an OGE unit that has at least a 50% appointment and has worked in OGE (including UIC Global) for a minimum of one year at the time of application or nomination is eligible for the award.
- Directors or executive directors within OGE are not eligible.
- The awardees from the immediately preceding three years are not eligible.
Award criteria Heading link
Awardees will demonstrate a significant impact upon their units, OGE and/or UIC in as many as possible of the categories listed below:
- Performs duties above and beyond what is normally expected.
- Uses knowledge and expertise to troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Completes tasks thoroughly and thoughtfully.
- Supports students, faculty and co-workers enthusiastically and consistently.
- Identifies ways to improve upon or create better processes AND operationalizes the proposed solutions.
- Implements change in a positive manner and strives to ensure success.
- Inspires, motivates and empowers others.
- Assumes leadership responsibility even when it is not expected.
- Solicits and welcomes diverse viewpoints and fosters a culture of respect.
- Establishes and maintains effective partnerships within the home unit or across departments.