International Travel Safety Heading link
UIC’s International Travel Safety Policy governs all University Sponsored International Travel by UIC faculty members, staff, and students.
The purpose of the policy is to ensure faculty, staff and students:
- Have the necessary and essential information to make informed and safe decisions regarding international travel.
- Obtain comprehensive insurance (medical, evacuation, emergency family visit and repatriation) for the period of their international travel.
Requirements Before Travel
All UIC students who travel outside the U.S. and its territories on UIC-related or authorized travel must:
- Enroll in the ITS travel roster.
- Obtain the University of Illinois System’s comprehensive insurance plan through Gallagher Insurance or an equivalent insurance approved by the UIC Study Abroad Office.
All faculty or staff traveling internationally on UIC-related business:
- Must enroll in the university’s ITS travel portal.
- Will receive the Gallagher comprehensive insurance at no additional cost.
During enrollment, students, faculty, and staff will be directed to:
- Enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Program.
- Notify Gallagher of their travel (“Faculty/Staff Travel Insurance Enroll” link).
- View CDC and Department of State guidance.
The ITS policy has no bearing on faculty, staff or students’ personal travel that is unrelated to their work or academic duties at UIC.
- In case of emergency, contact UIC Police at (312) 355-5555
Enrollment in UIC's International Travel Roster Heading link
Additional Resources Heading link
For Faculty and Staff
For More Information
Contact the Office of Global Engagement at email@example.com
In Case of Emergency
Contact UIC Police at (312) 355-5555